Friday, June 3, 2011

Precious Places Village Tour Stop 4: The Best Friends Pet Shop

Continuing on from the Pink Slippers Ballet Studio, our tour of Precious Places Village now leads us to #5155, the Best Friends Pet Shop (also called the Cuddly Friends Pet Shop according to the English and French version of the PP Village Map).

Here is a picture of the set from my personal collection:

 

I believe my set is complete, other than the fact that I do not have the box or instruction sheet.  

This set has a special place in my heart because it was the only PP building that I owned as as child.  I can't tell you how many countless hours I spent making Cuddly Kitty pace the floor and swinging Perchy Parrot on his perch.  I think my favorite part about this set as an adult is the fish in the fish tank that you can make swim around.  All the cute little extra touches like that are what make Precious Places such wonderful toys!

When it comes to collecting, the Pet Shop is not really a hard set to find on eBay.  However, one thing to watch for if you're considering buying this set is that the litho on the cash register does tend to go missing, so check for that before you commit to a purchase.

What about you?  Did you have the Pet Shop when you were a kid?  What's your favorite thing about it?  As always, I'd love to hear anything you have to say, whether it's a question for me to answer or just an observation about the set.  Please leave your input in the comments section of this post.

1 comment:

  1. When I was little I had the mansion, chapel, gazebo, ballet studio, pet shop and a few of the little sets and people. Since then I have bought others and actually just bought the wishing well on ebay for $15 talk about excited! Anyway, I just happened to keep them and the other day I pulled them all out for a 5 year old who came to my house for the weekend, I had to wipe them down b/c they were in the basement but we set them up and she played with them all weekend long. I was so happy to see them enjoyed by another generation! Now I just need to complete my set (I am only missing Andy, the picnic, kitchen cottage, and of course carnival and dining room set)

    ReplyDelete